We are looking for an experienced computer scientist or similar to work as a Software Engineer of the R&D community. You will be part of a multidisciplinary team responsible for the design and delivery of new products and solutions.
You will be part of the engineering team responsible for the design, implementation and maintenance of Control Panel and Embedded Web server firmware and internal processing algorithms. To achieve this objective you would be working with other New Product Development and Industrialization teams, including Customer Experience, Firmware, Electrical Engineers. You will also review and produce requirements, specifications, and designs to assure best in class product development.
- In collaboration with the Customer Experience team define the User Experience vision and roadmap, implementing and qualifying it in the Control Panel and Embedded Web Server of the device.
- Collaborate with overseas teams to leverage assets among divisions.
- Collaborate with third party partners to integrate and qualify their assets
- Software developer: be a proficient software developer, capable of develop high quality, well architected, good performance software; ensuring it is modular, reusable and testable.
- Teamwork: be an excellent team player
- Process oriented: understand, follow and improve LFP processes including Product Life Cycle.
- Understanding of Requirement processes elicitation and typical software development processes and models such as Agile programming.
- 5+ years of experience of software development.
- Proven working experience in web development with HTML5, CSS3 and JS.
- Working experience on AngularJS 1.x, AngularJS 2.0 is a plus. Clear understanding of the most commonly used core modules and knowledge on how to extend them with other custom modules and components.
- In depth knowledge of RESTful architectures with hands on experience with web services (REST and JSON/XML based).
- In depth knowledge of back-end programming languages, such as PHP, Python, etc.
- Strong understanding of MVC architectures.
Nice to have:
- Quality and process oriented, capable of managing automated testing infrastructure and plan for improvements in QA and QC areas. Knowledge on Jasmine and Protractor/Squish.
- In-depth understanding of modern operating systems, especially Linux.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a group of peers.
- Demonstrated ability to make in-depth technical or business contributions working with other engineers.
- High level of initiative, with an ability to plan and manage tasks, ability to work collaboratively, both within and outside one’s own group.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in English.