We are looking for a Project Engineer R&D to join our team in Barcelona. The job would be performed for a railway and naval company and will require 20% travels to UK and elsewhere, in order to execute projects of applied research and technological development within business services.
- Definition of interfaces and protocols of communication.
- Signal integration for functions of automation (PLC, network systems).
- Signal integration for supervision (SCADA) system.
- Definition and programming of HMI.
- Validation and commissioning of mechanical, electrical systems and facilities for the use of equipment of data capture (technology, optical laser, recognition of image, vibration, temperature,…).
- Improvements and analysis of deviations.
- Preparation of proposals for developments in R&D, taking into account ideas put forward internally and externally to the company.
- Development and prototypes on trains or in maintenance workshops.
- Communication and dissemination of initiatives in R&D as well as collaboration in the implementation of programs and/or projects.
- Capitalization of the knowledge developed during the execution of R&D projects.
- Participation in deals involving new technologies or products developed in R&D.
- Monitoring and collaboration in the already-developed R&D programs.
- Constant technological vision and knowledge of competitors.
- Control of the elements of electronic system integration
- Proper execution of validation plans following the above guidelines.
- Execution of test benches on the prototypes for the collection of data for further analysis.
- Support for the definition of the maintenance of the system.
- Industrial Engineer or similar studies.
- Knowledge of automation.
- Knowledge of pneumatics and hydraulics at the level of systems (not of installations).
- Product development knowledge (desirable within the rail sector).
- Knowledge of mechanical design, development of Interfaces and protocols.
- Integration and mechanical design knowledge.
- Knowledge of methodology of Testing and/or validation of tests.
- PMP Methodology and PMBook.
- Hardware expertise: integration.
- Certifications and regulations railway knowledge. Experience in CE marking.
- English high level is required, French desirable.