We are looking for a Mechanical NX Unigraphics Designer for a Tier 1 Automotive Company, located in the North of London, UK.
- Deliver CAD data for DC-lot.
- Help to resolve issues after submittal of data during the digital checking phase (Q-Base).
- Support and attend meetings and design reviews.
- Support cross functional luggage trim team activities.
- Be the interface of the customer’s Engineering team.
- Close interaction with the PDL (Program Development Leader) for technical decisions.
- Manage CAD data team based in India.
- Manage (definition, follow-up and update) part by part schedule taking into account customer’s and internal’s milestones (datas freeze dates, 3D, 2D, BOPs, reviews, tool launch, …).
- Lead the Product Design Process to build a robust and optimized concept:
- Manage studies.
- Define reference points and tolerances stack in accordance with parts environment and process datas.
- Generate 3D and 2D datas, respecting internal’s and customer’s rules.
- Manage internal Design reviews: is responsible for organization, minutes and members approval, as well as action plan tracking and closing.
- Manage Bought Out Parts (BOP)‘s suppliers by ensuring their full technical integration in part definition and manage BOPs definitions according to supplier’s nomination level (expert / designer / manufacturer). Is responsible for BOPS final datas (3D, 2D).
- Follow-up of Design history (dimensions, max developped lenght, cutting length…) and in term of traceability (references datas; input and output datas).
- Applies the Group and Division’s standards and ensure that Deliverables deadlines are met.
Main characteristics required for the mission:
- NX capability (mandatory).
- English spoken (mandatory).
- Experience in automotive industry, in Design activity, with knowledge of Acoustics and Textile products: Parcel Tray, Trunk side trim, Loadfloor, Trunk carpet.
- OEM relationship experience.
- Good communication skills.
- International mindset (experience with India Design off-shore would be appreciated).