At K-LAGAN we are looking for Big Data Engineers in Madrid to join our team in one of the most important Digital Banking Companies in Spain. You will be working on the collecting, storing, processing, and analysing of huge sets of data. The primary focus will be on choosing optimal solutions to use for these purposes, then maintaining, implementing, and monitoring them. You will also be responsible for integrating them with the architecture used across the company.
Stack: Apache Kafka, SpringBoot, Jenkins, OpenShift Microservices, Couchbase, Spark, Hadoop, Scala, ElasticSearch
- Selecting and integrating any Big Data tools and frameworks required to provide requested capabilities.
- Monitoring performance and advising any necessary infrastructure changes.
- Assemble large, complex data sets that meet functional / non-functional business requirements.
- Identify, design, and implement internal process improvements: automating manual processes, optimizing data delivery, re-designing infrastructure for greater scalability, etc.
- Build analytics tools that utilize the data pipeline to provide actionable insights into customer acquisition, operational efficiency and other key business performance metrics.
- Work with stakeholders including the Executive, Product, Data and Design teams to assist with data-related technical issues and support their data infrastructure needs.
- 2 years’ experience in Big Data projects.
- Previous experience in development with languages, such as Java.
- Experience with integration of data from multiple data sources.
- Knowledge of NoSQL databases, such as HBase, Cassandra, MongoDB.
- Experience with Big Data ML toolkits, such as Mahout, SparkML, or H2O.
- Good understanding of Lambda Architecture, along with its advantages and drawbacks.