We are currently looking for a Tableau Server Administrator to join our BI Team in a multinational telecommunications company in Barcelony City. As part of the Analytics Foundations & Realisation team, this person is responsible for installation, configuration and administration of the Tableau Server and Tableau Desktop platforms. This position involves the design and development of the BI/Tableau data infrastructure, data source creation, security (user access), change control of Tableau objects and overall Tableau support.
Previous Administration/Development experience in Tableau environments is essential.
- Develop technical strategy for scalable and high-quality Tableau Platform Services
- Monitor and manage TPS
- Drive compliance and adherence to internal security controls.
Accountable for service availability, incidents, problems, vulnerability removal, technical refreshes, disaster recovery, capacity and demand, performance.
- Ensure governance of Tableau Sites and Project Folders
- Support and audit assigned permissions
- Analyze and provide periodic reports on Tableau Server usage
- Audit, analyze and provide periodic reports on Tableau Desktop licenses usage
- Publish administrative related Tableau workbooks
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, related fields or equivalent work experience required.
- 3+ years’ experience of the full software development lifecycle on BI.
- More than 1-year previous experience administering Tableau Servers including distributed environments (certification is a plus).
- Development experience in Tableau is required:
- Experience in following components
- Windows Server Administration (including troubleshooting and EventViewer)
- Good understanding of database concepts including writing SQL statements
- Understanding of Active Directory, DNS, Load Balancer and Network firewall
- BI tools: Tableau, Oracle Business Intelligence, Birst, PowerBI…